- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Getting Here and Around
As with much of Wyoming, a car will be your primary mode of transportation here. Although the city has a public bus system, it can be difficult to navigate and is rarely used by tourists.
I-25 runs north-south through the city; I-80 runs east-west. Central Avenue and Warren Avenue are quick north-south routes; the former goes north one way and the latter runs south one way. Several major roads can get you across town fairly easily, including 16th Street (U.S. 30), which gives you easy access to downtown. Most places of interest are in the downtown area. Most shopping is also downtown or along Dell Range Boulevard on the north side of town. Note that there are a few one-way streets in the downtown area.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $129* & up -- Premium Economy in Summer to SF, One Way Virgin America
- $116 & up -- Anaheim Hotels near Disney, Save 40% BookIt.com
- $134 & up -- 4-Star Hotel in Chicago Loop, Save 60% BookIt.com
- $45 & up -- Florida's Gulf Coast: Deals up to 55% Off The Beaches of Fort Myers & Sanibel
- $749 -- Weeklong Glacier Cruise on Norwegian, Save $210 CruisesOnly