When to Go
When to Go
Summer is the best time to visit Milwaukee. Several major outdoor events are held in July and August. The area's vegetation explodes with color in the spring.
Winters along Lake Michigan can be frigid with lots of snow. Temperatures during the day average in the low 30s. Nighttime temperatures dip into the teens. Summertime is pleasant with average daytime temperatures in the 70s.The following are the normal daily temperature ranges for Milwaukee:
January 12-27°F (-11 to -3°C); February 16-32°F (-9 to 0°C); March 27-43°F (-3 to 6°C); April 37-57°F (3-14°C); May 47-70°F (8-21°C); June 56-80°F (13-26°C); July 62-85°F (16-29°C); August 61-82°F (16-28°C); September 54-74°F (12-23°C); October 42-61°F (5-16°C); November 31-46°F (0-8°C); December 19-33°F (-7 to 0°C).
National holidays are New Year's Day (Jan. 1); Martin Luther King, Jr., Day (3rd Mon. in Jan.); President's Day (3rd Mon. in Feb.); Memorial Day (last Mon. in May); Independence Day (July 4); Labor Day (1st Mon. in Sept.); Thanksgiving Day (4th Thurs. in Nov.); and Christmas Day (Dec. 25).
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe