From the north, I-43 provides controlled access into downtown Milwaukee. I-94 leads to downtown from Chicago and other points south and west of the city. If you are traveling to sites in the wider metropolitan area, from I-94 you can connect to I-894, which bypasses central Milwaukee.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe