- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Although major airlines serve the region's two airports, most people fly into Seattle or Portland, Oregon, and drive to the area. Horizon Airlines has several nonstops daily between Sea-Tac and Yakima, a 45-minute flight. Tri-Cities Airport has a similar schedule from Seattle, a 60-minute trip, with additional nonstop connections to Denver, Portland, and Salt Lake City. Both Yakima and the Tri-Cities are served by Delta and Horizon. The Tri-Cities is also served by United
Delta. 800/221-1212. www.delta.com.
Tri-Cities Airport. 3601 N. 20th Ave., Pasco, WA. 509/547-6352.
United. 800/241-6522. www.ual.com.
Yakima Air Terminal. 2300 W. Washington Ave., WA. 509/575-6150.
Airports & Transfers
Yakima Air Terminal is 4 mi southeast of downtown Yakima. Tri-Cities Airport is more convenient to Grandview, Prosser, and Benton City. Taxis and public transit are available at both airports. (In Yakima, several cab companies or Yakima City Transit can provide transportation to hotels.) The Airporter Shuttle offers shuttle services from Sea-Tac airport (between Seattle and Tacoma) and Seattle Amtrak to Yakima ($37 in either direction), with stops in downtown Seattle, Cle Elum ($26), and Ellensburg ($31).
Airporter Shuttle. There are services from Sea-Tac airport (between Seattle and Tacoma) to the Yakima airport ($42.50 in either direction), or downtown Yakima ($40) with stops in downtown Seattle, Cle Elum ($30), and Ellensburg ($35). Trips from the Seattle Amtrak terminal are five dollars more each way. 866/235-5247. www.airporter.com.
Diamond Cab. From Yakima Airport, this company will take you pretty much anyplace in Washington State. 509/453-3113.
Yakima City Transit. In Yakima, this service can provide transportation to hotels. 509/575-6175. www.yakimawa.gov/services/transit.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $131-$178 -- Seattle: Hilton Hotel w/City Views, Save 55% Expedia
- $179-$189 -- 4-Star Seattle Hotel over July Fourth Week Renaissance Seattle Hotel
- $499 & up -- Transatlantic Cruises to Europe, Save $100 Norwegian Cruise Line
- $19.99 per day -- Rent a Chevrolet Cruze in Seattle Sixt Rent a Car
- $176-$204 -- Downtown Seattle Hotel Through Summer — $176-$204 Holiday Inn Seattle