- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's Pacific Northwest
At a Glance
- a unique experience for this region
- good restaurant on site
- a little difficult to find
- restaurant only open three nights a week
Check Rates from our Partners
Birchfield Manor Review
The valley's most luxurious accommodations are on a plateau just east of Yakima, surrounded by hop yards (fields where most of the brewery hops in the United States are grown), corn, and cattle. The old manor houses the restaurant and five upstairs rooms, while a newer, more private cottage contains rooms with such amenities as steam-sauna showers and gas fireplaces. Chef-owner Brad Masset oversees the continental-style restaurant ($$$–$$$$; one seating Thursday through Saturday; reservations essential), often assisted by his father Will, a European-trained chef who established the inn in 1978, and his brother Greg, a local vintner. The limited prix-fixe menu changes seasonally. The wine cellar has an excellent selection of local and imported vintages.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Hello all! Read more
It is time for me to contribute to Fodor's instead of mostly lurking for information and pictures.
I recently did a 1 day photography whirlwind trip around Seattle...
Please see my Trip report @
http://foods-drinks-travels.blogspot.com/2013/09/sparkling-northwest-city-named-seattle.html Read more
I am planning for a 9 day trip to Yosemite, Big Sur, Oregon cost/Oregon and Washington state – from May 24th to Jun 1st . Read more
· News & Features
Premium economy is the budding class of the airline world, but deciding on a carrier (and whether it’s ... Read more
San Juan's balmy temperatures, gorgeous beaches, and charming, historic buildings make it the perfec... Read more
Keep an open mind and a flexible schedule on your next getaway.... Read more