Yakima River Valley Travel Guide
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's Washington, D.C. 2013
The Yakima River binds a region of great contrasts. Snow-capped volcanic peaks and golden hills overlook a natural grass steppe turned green by irrigation. Famed throughout the world for its apples and cherries, its wine and hops, this fertile landscape is also the ancestral home of the Yakama people from whom it takes its name.
Fodor's local writers visit every hotel we recommend. Look for our discerning Fodor's Choice picks or search by price and location.
Find the best Yakima River Valley restaurants in every price category with our top picks.
Things To Do in Yakima River Valley
Explore the best sights, entertainment, and shopping with our top choices and insider tips.
- $70.00 & up : 3-star hotels in Yakima Hotwire
- Starting Fr $119: Great Yakima Price Save with Hotels.com, $30/night less
- $24.99 & up : Midsize rentals in Yakima Hotwire
- Book in Yakima: Save this May Fr $135+/Nt — $135 Expedia
- $29.99 & up : Full Size rentals in Yakima — $30 Hotwire
Inn at Suncadia: A beautiful resort-lodge for golfers, hikers, skiers, or just about anybody looking to get out and play.... Read more
Earlier this week, Consumer Reports released their annual study of the best and worst domestic airlines.... Read more
From the steamed cider aromas that hit you in the lobby to the local ingredients served in the restaurant,... Read more
You might not expect to find yourself amongst wine grapes a mere 75 miles outside of New York City.... Read more
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
· Travel Planner
Now57° F Overcast 62% Humidity May 24, 2013 at 3:53PM
Check historic weather for your trip datesArriving:
Places To Explore
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
An article about the top ten attractions in the May 12, 2013, edition of The Seattle Times got me to thinking about my favorite attractions in my home town.
My top three, it turns out, are the Pike Place Read more
Back home safe and sound...had a wonderful trip and enjoyed seeing 'new for us' territories!
We left Sun City at 3 on April 1..Easter Monday and drove to Flagstaff. Desert flowers were beautiful Read more