Yakima River Valley Travel Guide
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's Around Washington, D.C. with Kids
The Yakima River binds a region of great contrasts. Snow-capped volcanic peaks and golden hills overlook a natural grass steppe turned green by irrigation. Famed throughout the world for its apples and cherries, its wine and hops, this fertile landscape is also the ancestral home of the Yakama people from whom it takes its name.
Fodor's local writers visit every hotel we recommend. Look for our discerning Fodor's Choice picks or search by price and location.
Find the best Yakima River Valley restaurants in every price category with our top picks.
Things To Do in Yakima River Valley
Explore the best sights, entertainment, and shopping with our top choices and insider tips.
- $131-$178 -- Seattle: Hilton Hotel w/City Views, Save 55% Expedia
- $179-$189 -- 4-Star Seattle Hotel over July Fourth Week Renaissance Seattle Hotel
- $499 & up -- Transatlantic Cruises to Europe, Save $100 Norwegian Cruise Line
- $19.99 per day -- Rent a Chevrolet Cruze in Seattle Sixt Rent a Car
- $176-$204 -- Downtown Seattle Hotel Through Summer — $176-$204 Holiday Inn Seattle
Inn at Suncadia: A beautiful resort-lodge for golfers, hikers, skiers, or just about anybody looking to get out and play.... Read more
Niagara Falls is a bucket-list-worthy sight to behold, whether you're ogling it from the Canada side,... Read more
A sculpture of a Greek goddess welcomes you in from the streets of London's Soho neighborhood.... Read more
You've heard of Lake Como (thanks to George's exploits), but halfway between Milan and Venice lies Italy's... Read more
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
· Travel Planner
Now64° F Scattered Clouds 46% Humidity June 19, 2013 at 10:53AM
Check historic weather for your trip datesArriving:
Places To Explore
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
An article about the top ten attractions in the May 12, 2013, edition of The Seattle Times got me to thinking about my favorite attractions in my home town.
My top three, it turns out, are the Pike Place Read more
Back home safe and sound...had a wonderful trip and enjoyed seeing 'new for us' territories!
We left Sun City at 3 on April 1..Easter Monday and drove to Flagstaff. Desert flowers were beautiful Read more
...and help me fill in details.
Sat: 2PM drive from Seattle airport to Red Lion, Port Angeles
Sun: morning - Sol Duc Falls; afternoon - Hurricane Ridge
Mon: morning - rafting on Hoh; afternoon - beaches Read more