- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Getting Here and Around
Yakima can be reached via air and road. The Yakima International Airport offers commercial flights to and from Seattle daily, and also welcomes private flights from all over. Interstate 82 from Ellensburg to the Tri-Cities and beyond, runs right through the city limits. Highways 12 and 410, known as White and Chinook Pass, pass on either side of Mt. Rainier and connect with I-82 at Yakima, as does Highway 97, which brings travelers from Oregon and points south.
Yakima is the only city in the region with a public transportation system.
Yakima City Transit. Buses operate weekdays 6:15 am to 6:45 pm and Saturday from 8:45 to 6:45 at half-hour intervals on nine routes. The one-way fare is 75 cents. 509/575-6175. www.ci.yakima.wa.us/services/transit.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe