- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Sports and the Outdoors
Apple Tree Golf Course. This beautiful course cut through the apple orchards of West Yakima and is rated as one of the state's top 10. The signature hole on the 18-hole, par-72 course is Number 17, shaped like a giant apple surrounded by a lake. Greens fees run $45–$60. 8804 Occidental Rd., Yakima, WA, 98903. 509/966–5877. www.appletreeresort.com.
White Pass Ski Area. A full-service ski area 50 miles west of Yakima toward Mt. Rainier, White Pass is the home mountain of former Olympic medalists Phil and Steve Mahre. Eight lifts serve 47 trails on a vertical drop of 1,500 feet from the 6,000-foot summit. Here you'll find condominiums, a gas station, grocery store, and snack bar. Open woods are popular with cross-country skiers and summer hikers. 48935 U.S. 12, Yakima, WA, 98937. 509/672–3101. www.skiwhitepass.com.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's