- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
MaMa Vallone's Steak House and Inn
MaMa Vallone's Steak House and Inn Review
Set in a building constructed in 1906, the upscale but rustic Western look makes the perfect style for this cozy and informal restaurant that once was a boarding house for unmarried miners. Guests dine at antique tables, and the works of several local artists hang on the walls. Pasta dishes such as the tomato-based fagioli (soup with vegetables and beans) and bagna calda (a bath of olive oil, garlic, anchovies, and butter for dredging vegetables and meat) attract diners from as far away as Seattle.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
It is time for me to contribute to Fodor's instead of mostly lurking for information and pictures.
I recently did a 1 day photography whirlwind trip around Seattle...
Please see my Trip report @
http://foods-drinks-travels.blogspot.com/2013/09/sparkling-northwest-city-named-seattle.html Read more
We called this our Coffee, Hiking, Wine Trip; aka Just Relax
We're from NJ, but this was our 7th trip to each of these states. Read more
Family of 4, two kids will be 8 years old. Read more
· News & Features
Wine connoisseurs take note: Norwegian Cruise Line has partnered with the Michael Mondavi Family Estate... Read more
Got cabin fever?... Read more
Finding an affordable, stylish hotel in Manhattan is a challenge.... Read more