- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's Pacific Northwest
A former coal-mining town just 3 miles northwest of Cle Elum, Roslyn gained notoriety as the stand-in for the fictional Alaskan village of Cicely on the 1990s TV show Northern Exposure. A map locating sites associated with filming is available from the city offices at First Street and Pennsylvania Avenue. Roslyn is also notable for its 28 ethnic cemeteries. Established by communities of miners in the late 19th and early 20th centuries, they are clustered on a hillside west of town.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Hello all! Read more
It is time for me to contribute to Fodor's instead of mostly lurking for information and pictures.
I recently did a 1 day photography whirlwind trip around Seattle...
Please see my Trip report @
http://foods-drinks-travels.blogspot.com/2013/09/sparkling-northwest-city-named-seattle.html Read more
We are going on a road trip from north of Seattle to Los Angeles and back . Read more
· News & Features
For a lover of brews, there's no place quite like New Zealand. ... Read more
Phu Quoc, a fishing island in the Gulf of Thailand, is a quiet refuge of serene beaches, phenomenal seafood,... Read more
Travel is as much about the journey as the destination.... Read more