- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Sports and the Outdoors
The Summit at Snoqualmie. This winter sports destination, 53 miles east of Seattle and about 25 miles east of North Bend, combines the Alpental, Summit West, Summit East, and Summit Central ski areas along Snoqualmie Pass. Spread over nearly 2,000 acres at elevations of up to 5,400 feet, the facilities include 65 ski trails (85% of them intermediate and advanced), 25 chairlifts, and two terrain parks. Those seeking tamer pursuits can head to the Summit Nordic Center, with groomed trails and a tubing area. Shops, restaurants, lodges (none of which are slope-side), and ski schools are connected by shuttle vans; there's even child care. For a different take on the mountains, head up to the pass after dinner; this is one of the nation's largest night-skiing areas. Full-day lift tickets, good for any of the four mountains, start at $60. 1001 Hwy. 906, exit 52 off I–90, Snoqualmie Pass, WA, 98068. 425/434–7669; 206/236–1600 snow conditions. www.summitatsnoqualmie.com. Oct.–Apr.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's