- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Spring and summer snowmelt turn the Snoqualmie (sno-qual-mie) River into a thundering torrent at Snoqualmie Falls, the sweeping cascades that provided the backdrop for the Twin Peaks opening montage. The water pours over a 268-foot rock ledge (100 feet higher than Niagara Falls) to a 65-foot-deep pool. These cascades, considered sacred by the Native Americans, are Snoqualmie's biggest attraction. A 2-acre park and observation platform afford views of the falls and the surrounding area. The 3-mile round-trip River Trail winds through trees and over open slopes to the base of the cascades.
Snoqualmie at a Glance
Sports and Outdoors
Elsewhere in Washington Cascade Mountains and Valleys
- Gig Harbor
- La Conner
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's