- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Mor Mor Bistro & Bar
Mor Mor Bistro & Bar Review
This lively, stylish restaurant in Poulsbo's historic district is something of a tribute to the grandmothers of chef-owners John and Laura Nesby—mormor is a Norwegian word for grandma. The talented pair perfected their cooking skills at some of the West Coast's finest restaurants before opening this venue for fresh and accessible Pacific Northwest (with Scandinavian accents) fare in 2004. You could easily make a meal of small plates like garlic-Parmesan fries with garlic aioli and Norwegian meatballs in lingonberry sauce; cedar-plank salmon with guanciale-spiked lentils and grilled asparagus is a noteworthy entrée. Sunday brunch is highly popular. Part of the fun here is the drinks menu, from complex craft cocktails to a nicely curated selection of craft beers and regional wines.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
It is time for me to contribute to Fodor's instead of mostly lurking for information and pictures.
I recently did a 1 day photography whirlwind trip around Seattle...
Please see my Trip report @
http://foods-drinks-travels.blogspot.com/2013/09/sparkling-northwest-city-named-seattle.html Read more
We called this our Coffee, Hiking, Wine Trip; aka Just Relax
We're from NJ, but this was our 7th trip to each of these states. Read more
Family of 4, two kids will be 8 years old. Read more
· News & Features
Wine connoisseurs take note: Norwegian Cruise Line has partnered with the Michael Mondavi Family Estate ... Read more
Got cabin fever?... Read more
Finding an affordable, stylish hotel in Manhattan is a challenge.... Read more