- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's Pacific Northwest
Queen of the Valley
At a Glance
- great value
- lovely views of the countryside
- friendly staff
- Downtown shops and restaurants a bit of a walk
Check Rates from our Partners
Queen of the Valley Review
A white picket fence surrounds this stately, three-story, early-20th-century country house about a mile east of downtown. Large rooms are furnished in themes of Africa, India, Hong Kong, and the West Indies; one has a sunken hot tub and another has a claw-foot tub. The separate two-story, two bedroom Footman's Cottage is a great choice for families. Breakfast is served restaurant-style on an enclosed porch set to views of bucolic farmland, with a sweeping vista of Mt. Baker rising in the distance.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Hello all! Read more
It is time for me to contribute to Fodor's instead of mostly lurking for information and pictures.
I recently did a 1 day photography whirlwind trip around Seattle...
Please see my Trip report @
http://foods-drinks-travels.blogspot.com/2013/09/sparkling-northwest-city-named-seattle.html Read more
Just learned will get to come to Seattle for a training the week of March 17. Read more
· News & Features
Techie travelers have embraced the fun, tech-driven, on-the-road adventure that is geocaching. ... Read more
This week, we covered top destinations for great family getaways—from Disney World to dinosaur spotting.... Read more
Go on location in Görlitz, Germany, to the transporting set of director Wes Anderson's film... Read more