- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's Pacific Northwest
McMenamins Olympic Club Hotel & Theater
At a Glance
- restored historic facility complete with its own theater
- inexpensive rates and restaurant
- nearby train tracks may prove too noisy for light sleepers
- shared bathrooms
- small rooms
Check Rates from our Partners
McMenamins Olympic Club Hotel & Theater Review
When it opened in 1908, the Olympic Club was an exclusive gentlemen's resort; now it's owned by microbrewery moguls the McMenamin brothers, and includes a restaurant, bar, pool hall, and vintage movie theater. Tiffany chandeliers, a card room, and various signs ("women's patronage not solicited" hangs above the entrance) remain almost as they were when the club opened. The European-style rooms, with king, queen, or bunk beds, share bathrooms down the hall. McMenamins, of Portland, Oregon, not only brews beer but also bottles its own wine, distills spirits, and has a line of coffee. Hotel guests receive free movie passes to the house theater.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Hello all! Read more
It is time for me to contribute to Fodor's instead of mostly lurking for information and pictures.
I recently did a 1 day photography whirlwind trip around Seattle...
Please see my Trip report @
http://foods-drinks-travels.blogspot.com/2013/09/sparkling-northwest-city-named-seattle.html Read more
Just learned will get to come to Seattle for a training the week of March 17. Read more
· News & Features
Techie travelers have embraced the fun, tech-driven, on-the-road adventure that is geocaching. ... Read more
This week, we covered top destinations for great family getaways—from Disney World to dinosaur spotting.... Read more
Go on location in Görlitz, Germany, to the transporting set of director Wes Anderson's film... Read more