- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's Pacific Northwest
Whatcom Museum Review
Bellingham's art and history museum comprises three buildings near one another downtown. At its centerpiece is the Lightcatcher, a LEED-certified (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design) building with an 180-foot-long translucent wall. Rotating shows are presented here, as are permanent collections of contemporary Northwest artists. The second building, Bellingham's 1892 former city hall is a redbrick structure that was converted into a museum in 1941—it completed a dramatic renovation in 2010 and contains historic exhibits. The third building, the Syre Education Center, contains a photographic archive.
- Address: 250 Flora St., Bellingham, WA 98225 | Map It
- Phone: 360/778–8930
- Cost: $10
- Hours: Lightcatcher Building: Wed.–Sat. noon–5 (open to 8 pm Thurs.), Sun. 10–5. Old City Hall: Thurs.–Sun. noon–5. Syre Education Center: Wed.–Fri. afternoons; call for hours
- Website: www.whatcommuseum.org
- Location: Bellingham
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Hello all! Read more
It is time for me to contribute to Fodor's instead of mostly lurking for information and pictures.
I recently did a 1 day photography whirlwind trip around Seattle...
Please see my Trip report @
http://foods-drinks-travels.blogspot.com/2013/09/sparkling-northwest-city-named-seattle.html Read more
I am planning for a 9 day trip to Yosemite, Big Sur, Oregon cost/Oregon and Washington state – from May 24th to Jun 1st . Read more
· News & Features
Stunning beaches, tantalizing food, and veritable vino—we're all about epicurean excellence ... Read more
A history of Moleskine notebooks and a blog for safari lovers are among the things we've been reading... Read more
Nassau is an easily accessible, fun-packed destination for adults and kids alike.... Read more