- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's Pacific Northwest
Whittaker's Bunkhouse Motel
At a Glance
- historical draw for mountain buffs
- no frills in most rooms
- bunk room shares bathrooms
Check Rates from our Partners
Whittaker's Bunkhouse Motel Review
With inexpensive bunk spaces (available May–September) as well as large private rooms and a cottage, this comfortable 1912 motel once housed loggers and mill workers. In those days it was referred to as "the place to stop on the way to the top." In the early 1990s famed climber Lou Whittaker bought and renovated the facility. The hot tub is a welcome amenity after a day of recreation.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Hello all! Read more
It is time for me to contribute to Fodor's instead of mostly lurking for information and pictures.
I recently did a 1 day photography whirlwind trip around Seattle...
Please see my Trip report @
http://foods-drinks-travels.blogspot.com/2013/09/sparkling-northwest-city-named-seattle.html Read more
We are 3 familes (15 at most in group) traveling August 4-11. Read more
· News & Features
For ample beach time, minus the party scene, Cabo San Lucas is a bustling enclave with a marina, lots ... Read more
Author, conservationist, and TED Talk speaker Boyd Varty shares eight top places to visit in his native... Read more
This unattributed travel quote tells us why splurging on a trip is totally worth it.... Read more