Washington Cascade Mountains and Valleys Restaurants
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Washington Cascade Mountains and Valleys Restaurant Reviews
Tacoma and Olympia both have increasingly hip and sophisticated dining scenes, with everything from laid-back cafés to seasonally driven restaurants with water views. After those cities, Gig Harbor has the best food scene—not terribly big, but with an across-the-board quality not quite found in Bellingham, which is, however, steadily developing a fine little crop of notable restaurants. You'll also find good brewpubs and indie coffeehouses in most of the larger towns in the area.
On the road, refueling takes place at country-style cafés, farm stands, and kitschy or specialty shops like the '50s-style sweets shops of Port Gamble and Snoqualmie or the Norwegian bakeries of Poulsbo. None of these is in short supply, and many eateries, however small, pride themselves on using local ingredients.
Browse Washington Cascade Mountains and Valleys Restaurants
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe