- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Getting Here and Around
The best way to reach Mt. Vernon is by car, taking I-5 north to any of several exits right in town. In Mt. Vernon I-5 connects with Highway 536, which then merges with Highway 20 toward Anacortes.
Tulip Country Bike Tours arranges spring trips through the tulip fields, starting at $60 per person. In summer, tours take in other Skagit Valley sights like berry farms and Padilla Bay. You can also rent bikes for $40 per day.
Tulip Country Bike Tours (360/424–7461. www.countrycycling.com.)
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's