- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Another great "outdoors" destination, with opportunities for camping, fishing and boating in abundance, Mossyrock is a charming small town with two lakefront parks. The large lakes—Riffe and Mayfield—were created in the 1960s when dams were constructed for generating electricity, and Tacoma Power (which generates the power) stocks the lakes with fish. At Mayfield Lake there are also a state park and a privately owned marina and resort.
Mossyrock at a Glance
Elsewhere in Washington Cascade Mountains and Valleys
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's