- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Getting Here and Around
From Seattle, the fastest way (if there's no traffic) to Gig Harbor is to take I–5 south through Tacoma and take Exit 132 to Highway 16 toward Bremerton. A slightly longer approach—in minutes, not miles—is to take the ferry from the West Seattle terminal to the Southworth landing on the Kitsap Peninsula and take Highway 160 west and then Highway 16 south. Taking the ferry from Seattle to Bremerton also works—you'd take Highway 3 south to 16.
Washington State Ferries (888/808–7977 or 206/464–6400. www.wsdot.wa.gov/ferries.)
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's