- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
This charming, somewhat suburban small city just north of Seattle has a waterfront lined by more than a mile of boutiques and restaurants, seaside parks and attractions, and a string of broad, windswept beaches. Just beyond is the small but lively downtown area, where you can wander into hip cafés and wine shops, peruse attractive antiques stores and chic galleries, and browse the colorful Summer Market, which runs Saturday 9 to 3 from late June to early October. The Third Thursday Art Walk—one of the state's largest such events—shows off the work of local artists, and a host of events and festivals takes place year-round. On the east side of Puget Sound, Edmonds is also a gateway to the Kitsap Peninsula, as ferries from here connect to Kingston.
Edmonds at a Glance
Elsewhere in Washington Cascade Mountains and Valleys
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's