Nearly surrounded by water, and with one of the largest navy bases on the West Coast, Bremerton is a workaday city of about 30,000 with several attractions that center on the waterfront and its gardens, fountains, and ferry docks dwarfed by massive warships. Away from the waterfront, and especially around the ferry terminal, Bremerton looks a bit depressed in some parts. The western Charleston neighborhood, which had been run-down for years until some recent revitalization efforts, has the most going on, with a few art galleries and restaurants. Bremerton appeals primarily to fans of naval history and machinery.
Bremerton at a Glance
Elsewhere in Washington Cascade Mountains and Valleys
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's