- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Getting Here and Around
From Seattle, Bellingham is nearly a straight shot on I-5 north (Exit 254 will get you into the center of town).
Amtrak's Cascades train stops in Bellingham on its way to Vancouver, B.C. Greyhound buses also serve Bellingham from Seattle, as does the Airporter Shuttle from Sea-Tac and downtown Seattle.
Biking is popular in and around Bellingham, which has a series of designated bike paths and park trails. The city of Bellingham has a good high-res bike-route map that can be downloaded from its website.
The Coast Millennium Trail will eventually connect Skagit and Whatcom counties to British Columbia. So far, about 15 miles of the 50-mile trail are open to bikes and walkers. Fairhaven Bike & Ski rents road bikes, full-suspension bikes, and standard mountain bikes starting at $55 per day.
Amtrak (800/872–7245. www.amtrak.com.)
City of Bellingham Bike Routes (www.cob.org/services/transportation.)
Fairhaven Bike & Ski (360/733–4433. www.fairhavenbike.com.)
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's