Adorable Arlington, as picturesque as early Americana can be, is surrounded by pastures, woods, and the rich farmlands of the Stillaguamish River plain. On sunny days the skies above the local airfield are filled with all sorts of odd-looking experimental planes. The world's largest pleasure boat manufacturer, Bayliner, has a plant just outside town. In early spring the woods are white with trillium, and the pastures have splendid stands of the big yellow candles of skunk cabbage.
Elsewhere in Washington Cascade Mountains and Valleys
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's