- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Boat and Ferry Travel
The Washington State Ferries crossings from Anacortes to Friday Harbor takes about 75 to 90 minutes; round-trip fares are about $13 per person, $60 for a car and driver. It's about the same distance from Sidney, BC, on Vancouver Island—this service is available twice daily in summer and one daily spring and fall (there's no BC service in winter). Round-trip fares are about $25 per person, $90 for car and driver. Clipper Navigation operates the passenger-only Victoria Clipper jet catamaran service between Pier 69 in Seattle and Friday Harbor. Boats leave daily mid-May–early September (and also on weekends through the end of September) at 7:45 am; reservations are strongly recommended. The journey costs $70 to $90 round-trip, depending on the day.
Clipper Navigation (250/382–8100 in Victoria; 206/448–5000 in Seattle; 800/888–2535 in the U.S. www.clippervacations.com/ferry.)
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe