- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
You'll find many places to rent kayaks in Friday Harbor, as well as outfitters providing classes and tours. Be sure to make reservations in summer. Three-hour tours run about $65-$85, day tours cost around $90-$100, and overnight tours start around $125 per day. Equipment is always included in the cost.
Crystal Seas Kayaking. Sunset trips and multisport tours that might include biking, kayaking, yoga, and camping are among the options with this respected guide company. 40 Spring St., Friday Harbor, WA, 98250. 360/378–4223 or 877/732–7877. www.crystalseas.com.
Discovery Sea Kayaks. This outfitter offers both sea-kayaking adventures, including sunset trips and multiday excursions, and whale-watching tours. 185 1st St. S, Friday Harbor, WA, 98250. 360/378–2559 or 866/461–2559. www.discoveryseakayak.com.
San Juan Kayak Expeditions. This reputable company has been running kayaking and camping tours in two-person kayaks since 1980. 16 Apple Tree La., Friday Harbor, WA, 98250. 360/378–4436. www.sanjuankayak.com.
Sea Quest Expeditions. Kayak eco-tours with guides who are trained naturalists, biologists, and environmental scientists are available through this popular outfitter. Friday Harbor, WA, 98250. 360/378–5767 or 888/589–4253. www.sea-quest-kayak.com.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's