- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Boating and Sailing
At public docks, high-season moorage rates are $1-$2 per foot (of vessel) per night.
Port of Friday Harbor. The marina at the island's main port offers guest moorage, vessel assistance and repair, bareboat and skippered charters, overnight accommodations, and wildlife and whale-watching cruises. 204 Front St., Friday Harbor, WA. 360/378-2688. www.portfridayharbor.org.
Roche Harbor Marina. The marina at Roche Harbor Resort has a fuel dock, pool, grocery, and other guest services. 248 Reuben Memorial Dr., Roche Harbor, WA, 98250. 360/378-2155. www.rocheharbor.com.
Snug Harbor Resort Marina. This well-located marina adjoins a popular small resort. It provides van service to and from Friday Harbor and rents small powerboats. 1997 Mitchell Bay Rd., Friday Harbor, WA, 98250. 360/378-4762. www.snugresort.com.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe