- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's Pacific Northwest
Backdoor Kitchen Review
This local favorite has become well-known beyond the San Juans, thanks the stellar service and inventive, globally inspired cuisine. As the name might indicate, it's a bit hard to find, tucked in an elegant courtyard a few blocks uphill from the water. Star dishes include pan-seared scallops with ginger-sake beurre blanc, and pork chops topped with a poblano–goat cheese sauce and served with caramelized onions and smoked bacon. Local greens and produce are used often, and the Northwest-heavy wine list cements the Backdoor's status as a regional gem.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Hello all! Read more
It is time for me to contribute to Fodor's instead of mostly lurking for information and pictures.
I recently did a 1 day photography whirlwind trip around Seattle...
Please see my Trip report @
http://foods-drinks-travels.blogspot.com/2013/09/sparkling-northwest-city-named-seattle.html Read more
After seeing "Blackfish" I am determined to see these magnificent creatures if I have to take a whale watching cruise every day. Read more
· News & Features
Stunning beaches, tantalizing food, and veritable vino—we're all about epicurean excellence... Read more
A history of Moleskine notebooks and a blog for safari lovers are among the things we've been reading... Read more
Nassau is an easily accessible, fun-packed destination for adults and kids alike.... Read more