- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's Pacific Northwest
Roche Harbor Resort
At a Glance
- lots of different options for families and groups
- very convenient for boaters
- beautiful grounds
- condos have less character and are far from the resort
- a bit isolated from the rest of the island if you don't have a car
- standard rooms in Hotel de Haro have private baths down the hall
Check Rates from our Partners
Roche Harbor Resort Review
This sprawling resort, with accommodations ranging from historic hotel rooms to contemporary condos, occupies the site of the lime deposits that made John S. McMillin his fortune in the late 19th century. Rooms in historic Hotel de Haro are filled with notable antiques, like the claw-foot tub where actor John Wayne used to soak. Luxury suites in the McMillin House have fireplaces, heated bathroom floors, and panoramic water views from a private veranda. The beachside Company Town Cottages, once the homes of lime-company employees, have rustic exteriors but modern interiors. Elsewhere are contemporary condos with fireplaces; some have lofts and water views. Walking trails thread through the resplendent gardens and the old lime quarries.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Hello all! Read more
It is time for me to contribute to Fodor's instead of mostly lurking for information and pictures.
I recently did a 1 day photography whirlwind trip around Seattle...
Please see my Trip report @
http://foods-drinks-travels.blogspot.com/2013/09/sparkling-northwest-city-named-seattle.html Read more
We are traveling to Thompson Falls, MT this summer to spend a couple of days with friends. Read more
· News & Features
After the recent debut of his Grand Cayman-inspired novel The Forever Girl, author Alexander McCall... Read more
When's the best time to go?... Read more
The world's northernmost capital is a charming destination in all seasons.... Read more