- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Getting Here and Around
The Washington State Ferries crossing from Anacortes to Orcas Village, in the island's Westsound area, takes about 75 minutes; round-trip fares are about $13 per person, $50 for a car and driver. One-hour flights from Seattle cost about $120 to $160 each way. Planes land at Deer Harbor, Eastsound, Westsound, and at the Rosario Resort and Spa.
The best way to get around the island is either by car or by bicycle. Most resorts and inns offer transfers from the ferry terminal.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's