The San Juan Islands Feature
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Top Reasons to Go to The San Juan Islands
Whale watch: Spot whales and other marine life from a tour boat or sea kayak.
Taste local flavors: Talented chefs have turned Orcas and San Juan Islands into hot spots for sophisticated, locavore-driven cuisine.
Gallery hop: Dozens of acclaimed artists live year-round or seasonally in the San Juans, and you can find their work in studio galleries and group cooperatives throughout the islands.
Indulge in a spa day: Work out the kayaking or hiking kinks with a massage at the lovely seaside Rosario Resort and Spa on Orcas Island.
Bike beautiful terrain: Rent a bike and cycle the scenic, sloping country roads—Lopez Island has the gentlest terrain for this activity, but biking is popular on all of the islands.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe