- Whale watch Spot whales and other marine life from a tour boat or sea kayak.
- Taste local flavors Talented chefs have turned Orcas and San Juan Islands into hot spots for sophisticated, locavore-driven cuisine.
- Gallery hop Dozens of acclaimed artists live year-round or seasonally in the San Juans, and you can find their work in studio galleries and group cooperatives throughout the islands.
- Indulge in a spa day Work out the kayaking or hiking kinks with a massage at the lovely seaside Rosario Resort and Spa on Orcas Island.
- Bike beautiful terrain Rent a bike and cycle the scenic, sloping country roads—Lopez Island has the gentlest terrain for this activity, but biking is popular on all of the islands.
FODOR'S GO LIST 2015
The top 25 places we think should be on every traveler's radar this year.More