- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Ocean Crest Resort
At a Glance
- Proximity to beach
- friendly staff
- past guests have complained about dated furnishings
Ocean Crest Resort Review
On a 100-foot-high bluff, this casual, weathered, family-run hotel overlooks a stunning stretch of the coast. Accommodations in six buildings range from single, viewless rooms to large studios with good ocean or ravine views and fireplaces to family cottages with complete kitchens. Beach access is down a maze of steps framed by moss-covered trees. The pet-friendly property also features a sauna, exercise room, and indoor, heated pool. At the time of writing the restaurant, which burned down in 2011, was being rebuilt, with an anticipated completion date of fall, 2013, after which the menu might include old favorites like Roosevelt elk tenderloin, seared Pacific halibut, and Kurobuta pork tenderloin.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
It is time for me to contribute to Fodor's instead of mostly lurking for information and pictures.
I recently did a 1 day photography whirlwind trip around Seattle...
Please see my Trip report @
http://foods-drinks-travels.blogspot.com/2013/09/sparkling-northwest-city-named-seattle.html Read more
We called this our Coffee, Hiking, Wine Trip; aka Just Relax
We're from NJ, but this was our 7th trip to each of these states. Read more
Family of 4, two kids will be 8 years old. Read more
· News & Features
Wine connoisseurs take note: Norwegian Cruise Line has partnered with the Michael Mondavi Family Estate ... Read more
Got cabin fever?... Read more
Finding an affordable, stylish hotel in Manhattan is a challenge.... Read more