- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's Pacific Northwest
Ediz Hook Review
At the western end of Port Angeles, this long natural sand spit protects the harbor from big waves and storms. The Hook is a fine place to take a walk along the water and watch shore- and seabirds, and to spot the occasional seal, orca, or gray whale. It's also a popular dive spot. From downtown, take Front Street west and follow it as it meanders past the shuttered lumber mill. Amenities: toilets. Best for: walking; sunset.
- Address: Ediz Hook Rd., off west end of Marine Dr. Port Angeles, WA 98362
- Location: Port Angeles
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Hello all! Read more
It is time for me to contribute to Fodor's instead of mostly lurking for information and pictures.
I recently did a 1 day photography whirlwind trip around Seattle...
Please see my Trip report @
http://foods-drinks-travels.blogspot.com/2013/09/sparkling-northwest-city-named-seattle.html Read more
We are traveling to Thompson Falls, MT this summer to spend a couple of days with friends. Read more
· News & Features
After the recent debut of his Grand Cayman-inspired novel The Forever Girl, author Alexander McCall ... Read more
When's the best time to go?... Read more
The world's northernmost capital is a charming destination in all seasons.... Read more