- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's Pacific Northwest
At a Glance
- staying in a real slice of history
- somewhat of a spooky vibe (ask the staff about reported ghost sightings)
Check Rates from our Partners
Manresa Castle Review
This expansive, imposing, hillside mansion, built in 1892 for Port Townsend's first mayor, has a fascinating history, lots of Victorian character, and some sweeping views of the bay. At one time it hosted Jesuit priests, who named it after the Spanish town where their order was founded. A hotel since the late 1960s, the castle has been renovated to offer modern amenities but retains its character—wood trim, antique furniture, high ceilings, patterned wallpaper, and lace curtains covering tall windows. Some also have bay views. The austere but romantic period restaurant serves cioppino, pasta, steak and seafood, plus a lavish Sunday brunch, and the Edwardian-style cocktail lounge is set around the bar from San Francisco's old Savoy Hotel.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Hello all! Read more
It is time for me to contribute to Fodor's instead of mostly lurking for information and pictures.
I recently did a 1 day photography whirlwind trip around Seattle...
Please see my Trip report @
http://foods-drinks-travels.blogspot.com/2013/09/sparkling-northwest-city-named-seattle.html Read more
Hi, I am very new to this site and the whole idea of posting a message. Read more
· News & Features
Stunning beaches, tantalizing food, and veritable vino—we're all about epicurean excellence ... Read more
A history of Moleskine notebooks and a blog for safari lovers are among the things we've been reading... Read more
Nassau is an easily accessible, fun-packed destination for adults and kids alike.... Read more