- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's Pacific Northwest
At a Glance
- a feeling of participating in a bit of Port Townsend's history
- a stone's throw from restaurants, boutiques, and bars
- might not suit travelers who don't appreciate Victorian charm
Check Rates from our Partners
Palace Hotel Review
Built in 1889, the historic, three-story Captain Tibbals building is one of the most famous in town—a former bordello that retains its 19th-century grandeur. The light-filled rooms, many named for the women who used to work here, feature 14-foot ceilings and elegant period furnishings like hand-carved dressers, wrought-iron bed frames, and big claw-foot bath tubs. Some also have 12-foot windows and exposed, original brick walls. One has a kitchenette; another has a whirlpool tub; and a corner suite retains its original fireplace and a fainting couch. Grand lobbies anchor all three main levels and the mezzanine features a balcony overlooking the entryway and a circular ceiling mural.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Hello all! Read more
It is time for me to contribute to Fodor's instead of mostly lurking for information and pictures.
I recently did a 1 day photography whirlwind trip around Seattle...
Please see my Trip report @
http://foods-drinks-travels.blogspot.com/2013/09/sparkling-northwest-city-named-seattle.html Read more
We are traveling to Thompson Falls, MT this summer to spend a couple of days with friends. Read more
· News & Features
After the recent debut of his Grand Cayman-inspired novel The Forever Girl, author Alexander McCall ... Read more
When's the best time to go?... Read more
The world's northernmost capital is a charming destination in all seasons.... Read more