- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
At a Glance
- fun and funky architectural layout
- some shabbiness might detract from charm
Fodor's FindsLowest Price Guarantee
Palace Hotel Review
Built in 1889, this is one of the most famous buildings in town, a former bordello. Walk inside, and you're surrounded by cream walls, mint-color woodwork, and complete 19th-century grandeur. A half-level up, the mezzanine lounge has a balcony overlooking the entryway scene, and a circular mural decorating the soaring ceiling. Rooms, named for the ladies who used to work here, are light-filled and packed with elegant period furnishings like hand-carved dressers and big claw-foot baths. The Miss Ruby has graceful, arched windows and a kitchenette; Miss Rose has a whirlpool tub; and Miss Marie is a corner suite with a fireplace.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- Port Angeles Savings! Book at Super 8 Port Angeles Fr $97+/Nt Expedia
- $180 & Up: Cheap Port Angeles Stay Hotels.com
- Save Big This May! Book 3 Nts at Port Angeles Inn Fr $151+/Nt — $151 Expedia
- Explore Port Angeles For Less! Book Fr $139+/Nt — $139 Hotels.com
- Port Angeles Savings! Book at Days Inn Port Angeles Fr $99+/Nt — $99 Expedia
An article about the top ten attractions in the May 12, 2013, edition of The Seattle Times got me to thinking about my favorite attractions in my home town.
My top three, it turns out, are the Pike Place Read more
Back home safe and sound...had a wonderful trip and enjoyed seeing 'new for us' territories!
We left Sun City at 3 on April 1..Easter Monday and drove to Flagstaff. Desert flowers were beautiful Read more
We'll be spending 2 days in the Woodinville, WA and 2 in Yakima area. Read more
· News & Features
Earlier this week, Consumer Reports released their annual study of the best and worst domestic airlines.... Read more
From the steamed cider aromas that hit you in the lobby to the local ingredients served in the restaurant,... Read more
You might not expect to find yourself amongst wine grapes a mere 75 miles outside of New York City.... Read more