The Olympic Peninsula Travel Guide
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's Around Washington, D.C. with Kids
Wilderness covers much of the rugged Olympic Peninsula, the westernmost corner of the continental United States. Its heart of craggy mountains and a 60-mi stretch of its ocean shore are safeguarded in Olympic National Park, 95% of which is designated wilderness land. Several thousand acres more are protected in Olympic National Forest, five wilderness areas, and seven Indian reservations.
Fodor's local writers visit every hotel we recommend. Look for our discerning Fodor's Choice picks or search by price and location.
Find the best Olympic Peninsula restaurants in every price category with our top picks.
Things To Do in The Olympic Peninsula
Explore the best sights, entertainment, and shopping with our top choices and insider tips.
- $116.00 & up : 3-star hotels in Port Angeles Hotwire
- Book in Port Angeles Fr $135+/Nt Save with Hotels.com, $29/night less
- Book 3 Nts in Port Angeles this Jun Fr $184+/Nt — $184 Expedia
- 3-Star Red Lion Port Angeles Fr $159+/Nt — $159 Hotels.com
- Red Lion Port Angeles in Jun: $210 & Up — $210 Expedia
You've heard of Lake Como (thanks to George's exploits), but halfway between Milan and Venice lies Italy's... Read more
Need we say more?... Read more
On the tip of Mexico's Baja Peninsula, sun-drenched Los Cabos draws in everyone from honeymooners and... Read more
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
· Travel Planner
Now63° F Mostly Cloudy 65% Humidity June 18, 2013 at 4:53PM
Check historic weather for your trip datesArriving:
Places To Explore
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
An article about the top ten attractions in the May 12, 2013, edition of The Seattle Times got me to thinking about my favorite attractions in my home town.
My top three, it turns out, are the Pike Place Read more
Back home safe and sound...had a wonderful trip and enjoyed seeing 'new for us' territories!
We left Sun City at 3 on April 1..Easter Monday and drove to Flagstaff. Desert flowers were beautiful Read more