- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Sport and the Outdoors
Westport Beaches. At the southern mouth of Grays Harbor, Westhaven State Park encompasses some 80 acres, including oceanfront and easy pedestrian access to the beach. A 1.3-mile concrete boardwalk crosses the dunes, connecting Westhaven with the 212-acre Westport Light State Park, adjacent to the historic Westport Lighthouse, built in 1898. Farther south, the 172-acre Twin Harbors State Park provides another stretch of Pacific coastline, popular for clamming, bird-watching, and beachcombing. Amenties: parking (fee); showers; toilets. Best for: solitude; sunrise; sunset; walking. St. Park Access Rd., off N. Montesano St., Westport, WA, 98595. 360/268–9422. www.westportwa.com.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's