- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's Pacific Northwest
Fort Worden State Park Conference Center
At a Glance
- myriad activities
- acres of waterfront for play
- historic ambience
- continental breakfast included in the price
- summer crowds
- part of the Marine Science Center closed November–March
Check Rates from our Partners
Fort Worden State Park Conference Center Review
Historic Fort Worden was built to guard the mouth of Puget Sound, but enterprising souls have turned the spacious Victorian homes on officers' row into one of the more memorable lodgings on the Olympic Peninsula. The charming houses, with three to six bedrooms sleeping up to 14, are furnished with antique reproductions, and the former soldiers' barracks have been turned into dormitories which can accommodate 365 guests. The old fort is a magical place for children, with an artillery museum, a bronze foundry, the Port Townsend Marine Science Center, a dirigible hangar, and a graceful old lighthouse.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Hello all! Read more
It is time for me to contribute to Fodor's instead of mostly lurking for information and pictures.
I recently did a 1 day photography whirlwind trip around Seattle...
Please see my Trip report @
http://foods-drinks-travels.blogspot.com/2013/09/sparkling-northwest-city-named-seattle.html Read more
Hi, I am very new to this site and the whole idea of posting a message. Read more
· News & Features
In our inaugural Ask Fodor's column, one of our editors editor gives advice on how to travel by rail ... Read more
Pack light and still look great on your next camping trip with these 10 low-maintenance beauty products.... Read more
Castles, lakeside resorts, bang-for-your-buck Hawaii finds, and dazzling hotel gardens—it's... Read more