- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Silverwater Cafe Review
On the first floor of the 1889 Elks' Lodge building, this restaurant pairs elegant surroundings with a sophisticated menu. Start with sesame ahi, Grand Marnier prawns, or a plate of artisanal cheeses from the local Mount Townsend Creamery, then opt for pan-seared halibut in a slightly sweet hazelnut cream sauce, cilantro ginger lime jumbo prawns, or lavender pepper ahi. Dessert offers such delicacies as Northwest blackberry pie, raspberry white chocolate cheesecake, and the signature coconut flan—caramel-topped custard with a wisp of coconut flavoring. Mezzaluna, the mezzanine-level lounge, serves dessert as well as salads, samplers, and sandwiches.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
It is time for me to contribute to Fodor's instead of mostly lurking for information and pictures.
I recently did a 1 day photography whirlwind trip around Seattle...
Please see my Trip report @
http://foods-drinks-travels.blogspot.com/2013/09/sparkling-northwest-city-named-seattle.html Read more
We called this our Coffee, Hiking, Wine Trip; aka Just Relax
We're from NJ, but this was our 7th trip to each of these states. Read more
Family of 4, two kids will be 8 years old. Read more
· News & Features
Wine connoisseurs take note: Norwegian Cruise Line has partnered with the Michael Mondavi Family Estate ... Read more
Got cabin fever?... Read more
Finding an affordable, stylish hotel in Manhattan is a challenge.... Read more