- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's Pacific Northwest
At a Glance
- beach locale, with beautiful bay views
- reasonable price
- one of the few hotels in town with an elevator
- need to book far in advance for festivals and summer weekends
- three rooms don't have a sea view
Check Rates from our Partners
Tides Inn Review
The multistory, peak-roofed inn resembles an expansive beach house, and its setting on the water near to the ferry dock—as well as its variety of rooms—makes it one of the town's most popular accommodations. A narrow, driftwood-strewn beach fronts the property, which includes an outdoor fireplace and picnic area. Accommodations range from small, basic, cabin-type budget rooms to more spacious rooms with mini refrigerators, microwaves, jetted tubs, and balconies. Eight rooms have hot tubs on private decks. Scenes from An Officer and a Gentleman were filmed in room 10.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Hello all! Read more
It is time for me to contribute to Fodor's instead of mostly lurking for information and pictures.
I recently did a 1 day photography whirlwind trip around Seattle...
Please see my Trip report @
http://foods-drinks-travels.blogspot.com/2013/09/sparkling-northwest-city-named-seattle.html Read more
Just learned will get to come to Seattle for a training the week of March 17. Read more
· News & Features
Techie travelers have embraced the fun, tech-driven, on-the-road adventure that is geocaching. ... Read more
This week, we covered top destinations for great family getaways—from Disney World to dinosaur spotting.... Read more
Go on location in Görlitz, Germany, to the transporting set of director Wes Anderson's film... Read more