Built in 1889, the historic, three-story Captain Tibbals building is one of the most famous in town—a former bordello that retains its 19th-century grandeur. The light-filled rooms, many named for the women who used to work here, feature 14-foot ceilings and elegant period furnishings like hand-carved dressers, wrought-iron bed frames, and big claw-foot bath tubs. Some also have 12-foot windows and exposed, original brick walls. One has a kitchenette; another has a whirlpool
tub; and a corner suite retains its original fireplace and a fainting couch. Grand lobbies anchor all three main levels and the mezzanine features a balcony overlooking the entryway and a circular ceiling mural.