- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's Pacific Northwest
Ann Starrett Mansion
At a Glance
- sweeping views
- a short walk to downtown and uptown restaurants and shops
- a chance to experience Victorian elegance
- no breakfast
- no elevator
Check Rates from our Partners
Ann Starrett Mansion Review
Gables, turrets, and gingerbread trim decorate this glorious 1889 mansion, built for love—a gift from a wealthy contractor to his young bride, the inn features well-appointed, unique rooms, all beautifully decorated and furnished with antiques. The centerpiece is a three-tiered hanging spiral staircase in a 70-foot-high cupola tower, with fine murals and ruby stained-glass windows that catch the first light. Two separate cottages have more modern furnishings and facilities and are more suitable for families. While the inn doesn't serve breakfast, there are good options nearby (guests are welcome to pick up pastries and use the dining room).
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Hello all! Read more
It is time for me to contribute to Fodor's instead of mostly lurking for information and pictures.
I recently did a 1 day photography whirlwind trip around Seattle...
Please see my Trip report @
http://foods-drinks-travels.blogspot.com/2013/09/sparkling-northwest-city-named-seattle.html Read more
We are going on a road trip from north of Seattle to Los Angeles and back . Read more
· News & Features
Navigate the chaotic street food scene of Ho Chi Minh City like a pro with our quick guide to no-fuss ... Read more
Come for the beautiful architecture and stay for the vibrant local culture.... Read more
A look at ultra-luxurious airline accomodations and a fascinating visual breakdown of literary storytelling are... Read more