- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's Pacific Northwest
Leadbetter Point State Park
Leadbetter Point State Park Review
Three miles north of Oysterville (take Sandridge Road to the left and follow the signs), this wildlife refuge at Long Beach Peninsula's northernmost tip is a great spot for bird-watching. Black brants, sandpipers, turnstones, yellowlegs, sanderlings, and knots are among the 100 species biologists have recorded here. The dune area at the very end of the point is closed from April to August to protect the nesting snowy plover. From the parking lot, a ½-mile-long paved wheelchair-accessible path leads to the ocean and a 2½-mile loop trail winds through the dunes along the ocean and Willapa Bay. Several trails along the loop lead to isolated patches of coast. These trails flood in winter, often becoming impassable swamps, so pay attention to the warning signs.
- Address: Off Stackpole Rd. Oysterville, WA 98640
- Phone: 360/642–3078
- Cost: Day pass $10 per vehicle; annual Discovery Pass $30 (valid at all state parks)
- Hours: Daily, dawn–dusk
- Location: Oysterville
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Hello all! Read more
It is time for me to contribute to Fodor's instead of mostly lurking for information and pictures.
I recently did a 1 day photography whirlwind trip around Seattle...
Please see my Trip report @
http://foods-drinks-travels.blogspot.com/2013/09/sparkling-northwest-city-named-seattle.html Read more
We are traveling to Thompson Falls, MT this summer to spend a couple of days with friends. Read more
· News & Features
After the recent debut of his Grand Cayman-inspired novel The Forever Girl, author Alexander McCall ... Read more
When's the best time to go?... Read more
The world's northernmost capital is a charming destination in all seasons.... Read more