- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Getting Here and Around
From downtown Seattle, Port Townsend is reached via the Washington State Ferries to Bainbridge Island, then north on State Route 305, north on State Route 3, west on State Route 104, and north on State Route 19, which connects to State Route 20 and takes travelers into town. From Edmonds (north of Seattle via I-5), take the Washington State Ferries to Kingston, then travel west via Hwy. 104 and north via State Route 19. Both routes run roughly an hour and 45 minutes, not including ferry waits. From Olympia and points south, there are two routes northbound: U.S. 101 and Hwy. 14. Both take about two hours.
Washington State Ferries (888/808–7977, 800/843–3779, or 206/464–6400. www.wsdot.wa.gov/ferries.)
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's