- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
The nearest place to go biking is Fort Worden State Park, but you can range as far afield as Fort Flagler, the lower Dungeness trails (no bikes are allowed on the spit itself), or across the water to Whidbey Island.
The Broken Spoke. This bike retail, repair, and rental shop in the heart of downtown promotes cycling at all levels. 835 Water St., Port Townsend, WA, 98368. 360/379–1295. www.thebrokenspokept.blogspot.com.
P. T. Cyclery. Mountain bikes are available for rent here, and they repairs flats and can advise you on where to start your journey. 252 Tyler St., Port Townsend, WA, 98368. 360/385–6470. www.ptcyclery.com.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe