- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Ilwaco (ill-wah-co) has been a fishing port for thousands of years, first as a Native American village and later as an American settlement. A 3-mile scenic loop winds past Ft. Canby State Park to North Head Lighthouse and through the town. The colorful harbor is a great place for watching gulls and boats. Lewis and Clark camped here before moving their winter base to the Oregon coast at Ft. Clatsop.
Ilwaco at a Glance
Sports and Outdoors
Elsewhere in The Olympic Peninsula and Washington Coast
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's