The Olympic Peninsula and Washington Coast Feature
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Top Reasons to Go
Soak up the scene in Port Townsend. Washington's Victorian seaport is home to artists, boat lovers, and foodies as well as festivals celebrating everything from American fiddle tunes and films to wooden boats.
Explore the past at Fort Worden State Park. Strategically situated on the northernmost point of the Quimper Peninsula, this old military fort features a marine science center, historic lighthouse, artillery museum, abandoned bunkers, and beaches.
Inhale the aroma of lavender. Pick your own in the fields surrounding Sequim, which grow an abundance of this fragrant herb.
Meet the Makah. Exhibits at the impressive Makah Cultural Center complex display authentic scenes of early life in the Northwest.
Enjoy the great outdoors at Hurricane Ridge. Drive to the top of this spectacular ridge for splendid summer hikes and winter snow sports.Updated: 08-2013
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's