- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
The pleasant Columbia River fishing village of Chinook (shi-nook) takes its name from the tribe that once controlled the river from its mouth to Celilo Falls. The same group encountered Lewis and Clark during their stay on the Pacific coast. Chinook is a great base from which to explore the lower Columbia River by boat.
Elsewhere in The Olympic Peninsula and Washington Coast
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's